ROMANIAN CITIZENSHIP IN BUCHAREST
Academia de Traduceri can help you in Bucharest in the process regarding:
- Re/Obtaining Romanian Citizenship at ANC or Romanian Embassy (e-consulate.ro)- (art. 11/10/8) and for your kids (+Legalized Translation services)
- Obtaining Romanian Birth Certificate, Marriage/Death Certificate, based on power of attorney (from Romania, Moldova, Ukraine)
- Obtaining Romanian Passport/ID for 10 years availability, based on power of attorney
- Obtaining Apostille on the original and legalized copies of Romanian Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate
- Legalized Translations from all languages by our Romanian Sworn Translators, certified by Romanian Ministry of Justice (all foreign documents should have Apostile or Super-legalization, before being translated)
- Notarized personal Statement, at Public Notary, assisted by Romanian Sworn Translator, showing that the concerned person does not currently undertake and neither support actions against legal order or national security, and nor has he/she carried out such activities in the past;
You can become a Romanian citizenship:
- Reobtaining Romanian Citizenship (art.10)- If you have a Romanian Ancestor
- Obtaining Romanian Citizenship (art.8)- If you have legal residence in Romania for at least 8 years or, if your are married to a Romanian citizen, for at least 5 years from the marriage date
Our clients are from Moldova, Ukraine, Russia, Israel, US, Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay, Poland, Turkey, Serbia, Bulgaria, Hungary and other states.
Most countries where descendants of Romanian emigrants live today, such as the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Israel allow dual citizenship. Romanian law dictates, however, that anyone who holds dual citizenship is considered by Romanian authorities as a Romanian citizen irrespective of citizenship in another country.
Obtaining Romanian Citizenship (Article 8)
Documents and fees necessary when submitting the application for granting Romanian citizenship
- Notarized Passport copy and certified translation into Romanian;
- Permanent residence permit certified copy for foreign citizens;
- Certificate showing legal residence in Romania for at least 8 years or, if married to a Romanian citizen, for at least 5 years from the marriage date, as well as the date on which permanent residence in Romania was granted – issued by the General Inspectorate for Immigration;
- Notarized personal Statement showing that the concerned person does not currently undertake and neither support actions against legal order or national security, and nor has he/she carried out such activities in the past;
- Birth certificate superlegalized at the Embassy, or Apostille certified, as well as the certified translation thereof into Romanian;
- Embassy-issued Certificate stating the marital status: last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, father’s last name, father’s first name, mother’s last name, mother’s first name
- Notarized Marriage Certificate or Apostille certified / superlegalized Marriage Certificate and its certified translation;
- Proof of Romanian citizenship of the spouse (notarized copy of the identity document), if applicable;
- Minors’ Birth Certificates notarized and superlegalized / Apostille certified copies with certified translation;
- Parental consent for children to acquire Romanian citizenship, given by means of a notarized statement; where the consent is given before the authorities of another state, the original document bearing an Apostille / superlegalized and the certified translation thereof are required;
- The consent of the minor who has attained the age of 14 for acquiring Romanian citizenship, given by notarized statement in the presence of one parent;
- Criminal record certificate issued in Romania;
- Criminal record certificate issued abroad, in original, bearing an Apostille / superlegalized and the certified translation thereof into Romanian;
- Proof of dwelling space notarized copy by means of one of the following:
- A. Notarized copy of the Lease Agreement registered with the Financial Administration and owner’s informative Land Registry extract for the property concerned.
- B. Notarized copy of the Sales Agreement and owner’s informative Land Registry extract for the property concerned.
- C. Notarized copy of the Bailment Agreement and owner’s informative Land Registry extract for the property concerned.
- D. Notarized Statement concerning the owner’s agreement to take the third person into the dwelling and owner’s informative Land Registry extract for the property concerned.
- Proof of legal means for a decent life in Romania whilst observing the requirements of the law on foreigners (if applicable); such proof shall include the income obtained in Romania in the last 3 years:
- A. Income from trading activities
- I. Certified copy of the Company’s Articles of Incorporation.
- II. Photocopy of the Trade register certificate.
- III. Balance sheet at the end of the previous year, registered with the Financial Administration.
- IV. General Meeting of Shareholders’ Decision for the distribution of dividends, or the sole shareholder’s Minutes;
- V. Proof of receipt of the dividends due;
- VI. Proof of payment relating to the tax on dividends received;
- VII. Confirmation of company details issued by the Trade Register.
- VIII. Tax registration certificate issued by the Public Finance Administration within the premises of the Company, concerning the payment of taxes owed to the government.
- B. Individual contract of employment bearing the Labor Inspectorate visa, in legalized copy, as well as a certificate showing the net monthly salary.
- C. Rental and leasing activities incomeD. Pension slip or other proof.
- I. Statement on global rental and leasing activities income
- II. Tax registration certificate for individuals.
- III. Certificate issued by the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) – regarding the income obtained in the previous year.
- IV. Certificate issued by the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) – regarding the estimated income for the current year.
TAXES- NO taxes are required.
- Marital status data from the submitted documents must match those in the Birth Certificate.
- All documents shall be submitted in a fastener folder.
- All fees are payable before submitting the application.
- The application shall be submitted personally.
- Documents prepared abroad must bear the Apostille affixed by the designated authority of the issuing State under the Convention adopted at The Hague on October 5, 1961, or be superlegalized.
- If documents are prepared by Romania’s diplomatic or consular agents, the Apostille or superlegalization is not required. All non-Romanian documents should have Apostile, except specific countries with which Romania have special agreements (Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine).
- Individuals applying for Romanian citizenship should have knowledge of:
- The Romanian language (writing and reading);
- The Constitution of Romania and the national anthem;
- The Basics of the Romanian culture and civilization (history and geography of Romania, Romanian art and literature).
Stages for getting the citizenship
The application for getting Romanian citizenship may be personally handed in or, for serious reasons, through a proxy based a certified special power of attorney at the registered office of National Authority for Citizenship from Bucharest.
After handing in the application, the Chairman of the Commission for Citizenship, by a resolution determines the term when the Commission for Citizenship will check the fulfilment of requirements necessary for getting Romanian citizenship, also deciding to request information in order to verify the fulfilment of conditions defined by art. 8 p. (1) let. b) and e) of Law regarding Romanian citizenship. The commission verifies the fulfilment of requirements necessary for receiving the Romanian citizenship. If some documents necessary for solving the respective application are missing, the Chairman of Commission may ask, by a resolution, to complete the file.
2.The application solved by Commission for Citizenship
At the date determined for application debate, the Commission for Citizenship verified the fulfilment of requirements necessary for getting Romanian citizenship, excepting those defined by art. 8 p. (1) let. f) and g) of the Law regarding Romanian citizenship. If the requirements for getting Romanian citizenship were fulfilled, the Commission has to fix the interview of that person within 6 months, in order to check the requirements defined by art. 8 p. (1) let. f) and g) la the Law regarding Romanian citizenship.
The commission for citizenship verified the fulfilment of requirements for getting Romanian citizenship, respectively if the applicant speaks Romanian (written and spoken), his knowledge about Romanian culture and civilization, and also regarding Romanian Constitution and national anthem.
Is the applicant was admitted to interview, the Commission has to drawn up a report mentioning the fulfilment of legal requirements for getting Romanian citizenship.
If the legal requirements for getting the citizenship were not fulfilled, and also if the interview was not passed or in case of an absence with no serious reasons, the Commission, by a motivated report, proposes to the President of National Authority for Citizenship to reject the application.
5.Issuance of the Decree of the President of National Authority for Citizenship
The President of the National Authority for Citizenship, finding that the requirements defined by the provisions of Law regarding Romanian citizenship were fulfilled, issues the decree for granting Romanian citizenship, to be communicated to applicant through a certified letter.
If the President of National Authority for Citizenship finds that the requirements defined by the Law regarding Romanian citizenship were not fulfilled, by a decree rejects the application for granting Romanian citizenship, to be immediately communicated to applicant, by a certified letter.
The Decree of the President of National Authority for Citizenship rejecting the application for granting Romanian citizenship may be attacked within 15 days after communication, before the Section of Administrative and Fiscal Contentious within the Bucharest Law Court. The Court Decision may be attacked with appeal at the Section of Administrative and Fiscal Contentious within the Court of Appeal from Bucharest.
6.Taking an oath
Within 3 months after the communication of the Decree of the President of National Authority for Citizenship for granting Romanian citizenship, the persons who obtained Romanian citizenship have to take an oath of allegiance for Romania.
According to art. 21 p. (1) of the Law regarding Romanian citizenship no. 21/1991, republished, “if the persons who obtained the Romanian citizenship did not took an oath of allegiance” within 3 months after communication of decree, “means the suspension of all effects of the decree for granting or regaining Romanian citizenship regarding the concerned person”.